D44H11 Transistor Pinout, Equivalents, Uses, Features, Explanation and Other Details
D44H11 is a general purpose transistor available in TO-220 package. The transistor has quite good specs and features. The post below discusses D44H11 transistor pinout, equivalents, uses, features, explanation, and other details.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current Continous (IC): 10A
- Max Collector Current in Pulses (ICP): 20A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 80V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 50W
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 50 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 40 to 60 Minimum
- Max Storage, Operating & Junction temperature range: -55 to +150 Centigrade
D44H11 PNP complimentary is D45H11.
Replacement and Equivalent:
D44H4, D44H7, D44H10, KSD362, KSD568, KSD569, MJE5220, MJE5221
D44H11 Transistors Explained / Description:
If you are looking for a high current transistor that also has good specs and features then D44H11 can be a good choice. Whether you want to use in your experimental projects or in your circuit design D44H11 transistor can be a reliable choice. D44H11 is an NPN BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor) available in TO-220 package.
As mentioned above the transistor is having quite interesting specs, its maximum continuous collector current is 10A, the maximum pulsed collector current is 20A, the max collector to emitter voltage is 80V, the max emitter to base voltage is 5V, max transition frequency is 50MHz, minimum DC current gain is 40 to 60 and maximum collector dissipation is 50W.
The transistor has many features such as it has low saturation voltage which means it can get fully switched ON on very low voltage. It also features fast switching speed which is in nanoseconds means it is able to switch ON and OFF a load in nano seconds. looking at its Turn ON, Storage, and Fall time. The Turn On Time of the transistor is 300 nanoseconds, Storage Time is 500 nanoseconds and Fall Time is 140 nanoseconds.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
The D44H11 is designed to use in general purpose switching and amplification purposes due to which it can be used in a variety of applications such as in power circuits, amplifier circuits, and more.
High Power Audio Amplifiers
And Much More…
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
For getting better long-term performance with this transistor follow the below guidelines.
- For getting long-term performance with any transistor first of all keep in mind that any transistor should not be operated to its absolute maximum ratings and one should design a circuit or drive the load with the transistor 20% below from its absolute maximum ratings so same applies to D44H11 transistor.
- The maximum continuous collector current is 10A, therefore do not drive load of more than 8A.
- The maximum collector to emitter voltage is 80V therefore do not drive load of more than 64V.
- Always use a proper heatsink with the transistor.
- Do not store or operate the transistor at temperatures below -55 °C and above +150 °C.
To Download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link in your browser.