2N4124 Transistor Explanation, Pinout, Equivalents, Applications and Other Info
2N4124 is a small signal general purpose transistor that can be used for switching and amplification purposes. Today we are going to analyze 2N4124 transistor explanation, pinout, equivalents, applications and other information about this transistor.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-92
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 200mA
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 25V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 30V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VBE): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 500 mW
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 300 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 60 to 360
- Max Storage, Operating & Junction temperature range: -55 to +150 Centigrade
PNP Complementary of 2N4124 is 2N4126.
Replacement and Equivalent:
2SD1388, 2SD1146, 2SD1015, 2SC4145, MPS3405, PN3405
2N4124 Transistor Explained / Description:
If you are looking for a general purpose transistor other than 2N3904 or BC547 then 2N4124 might be a good choice. The transistor is available in TO-92 and SOT-23 package. It can be used in wide variety of switching purposes to drive load of upto 200mA and variety of amplification purposes of upto 100MHz range.
The maximum collector to emitter voltage of the transistor is 25V, maximum continuous collector current is upto 200mA, maximum power dissipation is upto 625mW, max transition frequency is upto 300MHz. The max DC current gain is also quite acceptable which is upto 360. Moreover the collector to emitter saturation voltage of the transistor is only 0.3V and the Noise Figure (NF) of the transistor is 5.0dB.
There is also another transistor in the series 2N4123 which is almost identical to 2N4124 and can be replaced with it.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
2N4124 can be used in any general purpose application that falls under its ratings. if use as a switch it is capable to drive load of upto 200mA. Moreover it can also be used as an amplifier for variety of purposes. The transition frequency of upto 300MHz also makes it ideal to use in Radio and RF applications under 300MHz.
Radio and RF Applications
Switching loads under 200mA
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
Below are the safe operating guidelines for 2N4124.
- To safely operating a transistor it is an important rule to not operate it on its absolute maximum ratings. Operating the device on its max ratings can cause permanent damage to the device or decrease its performance. Therefore use the component atleast 20% below from its absolute max ratings.
- The maximum collector to emitter voltage is 25V therefore do not drive load of more than 20V.
- The maximum collector current is 200mA therefore do not drive load of more than 160mA.
- Always store or operate the transistor at temperatures above -55°C and below +150 °C.
To Download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link in your browser.