IRLZ34N MOSFET Pinout, Features, Applications, Equivalents, Specs and Other Info
If you are looking for a logic level or low voltage derived MOSFET that is capable to drive load of upto 30A and 55V with Low RDS(on) of only 0.035Ω and can be used to directly derived from ICs and microcontrollers outputs then the IRLZ34N can be a good choice. In this post we are going to discuss about IRLZ34N MOSFET pinout, features, applications, equivalents, specs, where and how to use and other useful information about this transistor.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: N Channel
- Max Voltage Applied From Drain to Source: 55V
- Max Gate to Source Voltage Should Be: ±16V
- Max Continues Drain Current is: 30A
- Max Pulsed Drain Current is: 110A
- Max Power Dissipation is: 68W
- Max Drain to Source Resistance in ON State (RDS on): 0.035Ω
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +175 Centigrade
Replacement and Equivalent:
RLZ34, IRLZ34N IRLZ34S, 2SK1910, 2SK972, BUZ12AL, IRLSZ44, IRLZ40, STP36N06L, RFP25N05L
IRLZ34N MOSFET Explained / Description:
IRLZ34N is another good logic level N channel MOSFET designed to use in a wide variety of applications such as commercial and industrial other than that it can also be used in educational and hobbyist projects. The MOSFET has many features which are as follows.
Logic Level Gate Drive:
The MOSFET has logic level gate drive means it has low voltage derived capability due to which it can directly be derived from ICs, microcontrollers, and electronic platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
It has fast switching capability which makes it ideal to use in applications which require nano second switching.
Fully Avalanche Rated:
It is fully avalanche rated which means it will perform stable even when its drain to source voltage exceeds its limit.
Its low RDS(on) makes it energy efficient due to which less heat is generated during the operation which results in less power wastage.
Max Operating Voltage of 175°C
The maximum operating temperature of 175°C makes it stable on high temperatures where the other low temperature MOSFET fails.
Other features are dynamic dv/dt rating, enhancement mode etc.
Where and How to Use:
IRLZ34N can be used in many applications from commercial to educational such as automotive, portable and battery operated applications, solar etc. Other than that it can also be used in audio amplifiers.
Power Supply Circuits
Battery Chargers Circuits
Battery Management Systems
Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
Solar Power Supplies
Solar Battery Chargers
Portable and Battery Operated Circuits
And many more…
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
To safely operate the transistor follow the guidelines below to get long term performance.
- Do not use the MOSFET to its absolute max ratings and always stay 20% below from these ratings.
- Max continous drain current is 30A therefore do not drive load of more than 24A.
- Always use a proper heatsink.
- Maximum drain to source voltage is 55V therefore do not drive load of more than 44V.
- Store or operate the MOSFET at temperature between -55 °C to +175 °C.
To download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link into your browser.