D2390 Transistor Pinout, Equivalent, Features, Applications and Other Useful Info
2SD2390 is a TO-3PN package darlington transistor available in TO-3PN package. In this post we are going to discuss about D2390 transistor pinout, equivalent, features, applications and other useful information about this transistor.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-3PN
- Transistor Type: NPN Darlington
- Max Collector Current(IC): 10A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 150V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 160V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VBE): 5V
- Base Current: 1A
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 100W
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 55 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 5000 to 30000
- Max Storage, Operating & Junction temperature range: -55 to +150 Centigrade
PNP Complementary of 2SD2390 is 2SB1560
Replacement and Equivalent:
2SD1027, 2SD1123, 2SD1515, BDV67D
2SD2390 Transistor Explained / Description:
2SD2390 also searched with D2390 is quite an interesting darlington transistor. A darlington transistor is a special type of transistor whos internal circuitry is different from a normal transistor. The internal circuit contains two identical transistors which is connected in such a which increases the output gain of the transistor to great extent.
Looking at the specs of the transistor the collector current or continuous current of the transistor is 10A, the maximum collector to emitter voltage is 150V, the max transition frequency is 55MHz, and max collector power dissipation is 100 Watts.
The transistor also has quite high HFE or DC current gain ratings which are from 5000 to 30000. It is available in three different gain types that can be determined by the last alphabet used below the part number. So if the last alphabet is “O” then the gain will be from 5000 to 12000, if the alphabet is “P” then the gain will be 6500 to 20000, and if that alphabet is “Y” then the gain will be from 15000 to 30000.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
The transistor is designed to use in audio, regulator, and a variety of general purpose applications. The high DC current gain makes it ideal to use in applications where high gain requirements.
Battery Management Systems
High Power Audio Amplifiers
And many other general purpose applications
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
Follow the below guidelines to safely operate the transistor and also to get long term performance with this transistor.
- It is highly recommended that do not drive a transistor to its absolute maximum ratings. Operating any transistor to its absolute maximum rating can damage the transistor or also weakens its performance. So it is always suggested to stay atleast 20% below from its absolute maximum ratings.
- Maximum collector to emitter voltage is 150V therefore do not drive load of more than 120V.
- Maximum continuous collector current is 10A, therefore do not drive load of more than 8A.
- Always store or operate the transistor at temperatures below -65°C and above +150 °C.
To Download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link into your browser.