IRLZ24N MOSFET Pinout, Specs, Applications, Equivalents, Features and More
This post describes IRLZ24N MOSFET pinout, specs, applications, equivalents, features and other useful information about this transistor.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: N Channel
- Max Voltage Applied From Drain to Source: 55V
- Max Gate to Source Voltage Should Be: ±16V
- Max Continues Drain Current is : 18A
- Max Pulsed Drain Current is: 72A
- Max Power Dissipation is: 45W
- Max Drain to Source Resistance in ON State (RDS on): 0.06Ω
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +175 Centigrade
Replacement and Equivalent:
IRL24, IRL24NS, IRLZ24NPBF, 2SK972, IRFB7545, IRFB7740, IRFB7787 2SK1116, BUZ22, 2SK856.
IRLZ24N MOSFET Explained / Description:
IRLZ24N is an N Channel MOSFET manufactured in TO-220 package. It is a logic level MOSFET which means it can directly be operated from low voltage devices such as ICs, microcontrollers, and other electronic platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Moreover, the MOSFET has many built in features such as fast switching capability which makes it ideal to use in applications where fast switching is crucial. It has the maximum operating temperature of up to 175°C which makes is capable to perform stably on higher temperatures. It is 100% avalanche tested which means it will perform stable when its drain to source voltage get above its limits. It has logic level gate drive feature due to which it can get fully ON when the voltage on its gate is only 5V. Its RDS(on) or the max drain to source resistance is only 0.06 Ohms which ensures low heat and low energy waste during operation. The other features are dynamic dv/dt rating, enhancement mode etc.
Looking at the specs the maxim drain to source voltage is 55V, maximum continuous drain current is 18A and the maximum pulsed drain current is 72A. Max RDS(on) is 0.06 Ω and the max power dissipation is 45W.
Where and How to Use:
IRLZ24N can be used in wide variety of circuits such as solar, automotive, battery systems, and variety of portable and low voltage circuits. Moreover, it can also be used in high power audio amplifiers.
Battery Management Systems
Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
Solar Charge Controllers
Solar Power Supplies
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
Follow the below safety guidelines to get good and long term performance with this MOSFET.
- Do not use the transistor to its absolute maximum ratings and always stay 20% below from these ratings.
- The maximum drain to source voltage is 55V so do not drive load of more than 44V.
- Max continuous drain voltage is 18A therefore do not drive load of more than 14.1V
- A proper heatsink is important to use.
- The storage or operating temperature should be between -55 ° C and below +175 °C.
To download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link into your browser.