IRFP4668 MOSFET Pinout, Applications, Equivalents, Features and Other Important Details
IRFP4668 and IRFP4668PbF are same MOSFET with all the same electrical parameters and specs. In this post we are going to explore IRFP4668 MOSFET pinout, applications, equivalents, features and other important details.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-247
- Transistor Type: N Channel
- Max Voltage Applied From Drain to Source: 200V
- Max Gate to Source Voltage Should Be: ±20V
- Max Continues Drain Current is: 130A
- Max Pulsed Drain Current is: 520A
- Max Power Dissipation is: 520W
- Max Drain to Source Resistance in ON State (RDS on): 9.7mΩ
- Total Gate Charge is: 161 to 241
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +175 Centigrade
Replacement and Equivalent:
IRFP4668 Transistors Explained / Description:
IRFP4668 is a high power and high voltage MOSFET available in TO-247 package. It is an N channel MOSFET designed to use in variety of applications such as SMPS, UPS, high speed switching, had switched, etc. The transistor has many features which make it ideal to use in variety of applications.
High Drain to Source Voltage
The transistor has high drain to source voltage which makes it ideal to use in high voltage applications under 200V.
High Switching Speed:
It also has high speed functionality which makes it ideal to use in applications that require very high speed switching, for example, an uninterruptible power supply circuit.
Upto 175°C Operating Junction Temperature
It has the maximum operating and junction temperature is 175°C, the high temperature makes the MOSFET capable to use in circuits of that works in high temperature environment also this high temperature feature makes it capable to survive on maximum current delivery.
Improved and Ruggedized Design
It is an improved design MOSFET having capabilities like high voltage spikes safety, Improved gate control as you know that the output of any MOSFET is controlled by its gate just like base in a BJT transistor. The improved gate enhanced the performance of the MOSFET.
The overall specs of the transistor is also very interesting. The maximum drain to source voltage is upto 200V, maximum continuous drain current is 130A, max RDS(on) is 9.7mΩ, maximum pulsed drain current is 520A and maximum power dissipation is 520W.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use
As discussed IRFP4668 MOSFET is designed to use in hard switches, UPS, hard switches, high frequency, etc. but it is not limited to these applications and can be used in a wide variety of other applications such as automotive, DC to DC, solar, power supplies, etc. (The more detailed list of its applications can be found in the applications heading below.
Using procedure of this MOSFET is the same as we use other MOSFETs transistors but before choosing any MOSFET for your application it is essential to know how much minimum voltage it requires on its gate to become fully ON. According to its specs, the MOSFET requires at least 7V to fully saturate or provide maximum current.
Switch Mode Power Supplies
Battery Chargers Circuits
Motor Driver applications
DC to DC Converters
Solar Power Supplies
High Frequency and Hard Switch Circuits
Safe Operating Guidelines
To safely operate the transistor it is important to consider the safety guidelines below.
- First of all, it is important to keep in mind the absolute maximum ratings of the transistor and always stay 20% below from these ratings.
- As discussed the maximum drain to source voltage is 200V, so according to the 20% rule do not drive load of more than 160V.
- The max continuous drain current of the MOSFET is 130A, so according to the 20% do not drive load of more than 104A.
- Always use a suitable heatsink with the transistor.
- And the storage or operating temperature should be above -55°C and below +175 °C.
To Download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link into your browser.