BD434 Transistor Pinout, Applications, Equivalents, Features and Other Required Info
If you are looking for a transistor that supports -4A continuous current and collector to emitter voltage is upto -22V then you can consider the BD434 PNP transistor. This article explains all the important information of this device such as BD434 transistor pinout, applications, equivalents, features and other required info.
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
- Package Type: TO-126
- Transistor Type: PNP
- Max Collector Current(IC): -4A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCEO): -22V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCBO): -22V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): -5V
- Max Collector Power Dissipation (PC): 36W
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 3 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 20 – 140
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -65 to +150 Centigrade
The PNP complimentary of BD434 is BD443
Replacement and Equivalent:
BD436, BD438, BD440, BD442, BD790, BD788, BD442, BD190, 2SB995, BD334, BD338, BD684, MJE703G, MJE235, MJE253, MJE233, MJE250, MJE253, MJE251, 2N4920, 2SB966.
BD434 Transistor Explained / Description:
BD434 is a medium power transistor available in TO-126 package. The transistor is designed to be used in applications such as linear and switching. The linear application are the applications in which the transistors perform as amplifiers and amplify the signals with very little distortion and produce the same signal at the output with amplification. This ensures high quality amplified sound at the output of the transistor. Moreover, the transistor can also be used in switching applications in which it can switch on and off the flow of current in a circuit according to the design of the circuit.
The transistor is having many good features such as an output current of -4A, collector-emitter saturation voltage of -0.2V to -0.5V, collector dissipation of 36W, and transition frequency of up to 3MHz.
Now looking at the absolute maximum ratings of the transistor the maximum collector-emitter voltage is -22V, max collector-base volage is also -22V, max collector current is -4A, max emitter-base voltage is -5A, max base current is -1A and max operating temperature is from -65°C to 150°C.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
BD434 transistor is mainly designed to use in wide variety of linear and switching applications and can be used for signal amplification, current control or switching. The using procedure of this transistor is same as we use any other transistor.
Temperature Control Circuits
Relay drivers circuits
Relay Driver Circuits
Variety of General Purpose Applications
Safe Operating Guidelines:
Here are the safe operating guidelines of the transistor.
- Do not use the transistor to its absolute maximum ratings and always stay atleast 20% below.
- The maximum collector current of the transistor -4A therefore do not drive load of more than -3.2A.
- The collector to emitter voltage is -22V therefore do not drive load of more than 17.6V.
- The storage and operating temperature of the transistor should be between -55°C to 150°C.
To download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link in your browser.