2N4126 Transistor Pinout, Features, Applications, Equivalents and Description
2N4126 is a general purpose small signal transistor available in TO-92 and SOT-23 packages. In this post we are going to discuss 2N4126 transistor pinout, features, applications, equivalents and description.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-92 & SOT-23
- Transistor Type: PNP
- Max Collector Current(IC): -200mA
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): -25V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): -25V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VBE): -4V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 625 mW
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 250 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 60 to 360
- Max Storage, Operating & Junction temperature range: -55 to +150 Centigrade
NPN Complementary of 2N4126 is 2N4124
Replacement and Equivalent:
2SB1288, 2SB1212, 2SB1059, 2SB1041, 2SA1625, 2SA1056, 2SA1054
2N4124 Transistor Explained / Description:
2N4126 is a BJT small signal transistor. As mentioned above the transistor is available in TO-92 and SOT-23 packages. The transistor is designed to use in wide variety of general purpose switching and amplification applications. When used as a switching it can drive load of upto to 200mA and as an amplifier it can be used upto 100MHz.
The transistor is almost identical to the famous 2N3906 and can be used as an alternative to it. Moreover it can also be used as replacement or alternative for many other general purpose small signal transistors.
Looking of the specs the maximum continuous collector current of the transistor is -200mA, maximum collector to emitter voltage is -25V, max DC current gain is 360, max transition frequency is 250MHz, max power dissipation is 625mW, collector to emitter saturation voltage is only 0.3V and noise figure or NF is 5dB.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
As described above 2N4126 is a general purpose transistor which means it can be used in wide variety of general purposes uses for example as a switching it can drive loads such as LEDs, relays, small motors, ICs, high power transistors etc. It can also be used as an amplifier or preamplifier for variety of signal amplification in electronics. Other than that it can also be used in radio and RF circuits around 100MHz.
Switching loads under -200mA
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
Here are the safe operating guidelines for 2N4126.
- Do not use the transistor to its absolute maximum ratings. Using a component on its absolute maximum ratings may result in damage of the component or decreased performance therefore same applies to the 2N4126 transistor.
- Max collector current of the transistor is -200mA therefore do not drive load of more than 160mA.
- Maximum collector to emitter voltage is -25V hence do not drive load above 20V.
- Always store or operate it at temperature above -55°C and below +150 °C.
To Download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link in your browser.