TIP47 Transistor Pinout, Explanation, Applications, Equivalents, Features and Other Details
If you are looking for a high voltage transistor that can be used in high voltage DC or AC applications then TIP147 might be a good choice. The transistor has maximum collector to emitter voltage of upto 250V. The post below contains TIP47 transistor pinout, explanation, applications, equivalents, features and other details about this device.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 1A or 1000mA
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 250V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 350V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VBE): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 40W
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 10 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 30 to 150
- Max Storage, Operating & Junction temperature range: -55 to +150 Centigrade
Replacement and Equivalent:
2SC1447, 2SC1448, 2SC2073, 2SC2229, 2SC2230, 2SC2235, 2SC3421, 2SC1669, 2SC1683, 2SC2238, 2SC2238A, 2SC2238B, 2SC2344, 2SD401, 2SD402, 2SD478, 2SD603, 2SD608, 2SD610, 2SC1410, 2SC1447, 2SC1448, 2SC1669, 2SC1683, 2SC2073.
TIP47 Transistor Explained / Description:
If you are looking for a transistor to use in your high voltage AC and DC applications then TIP47 might be a good choice. It is an NPN transistor and available in TO-220 package. It has the maximum collector to emitter voltage of 250V due to which it can easily be used in high voltage AC and DC circuits. Other primary applications of the transistor are different types of switching circuits, switching power supplies, audio amplifiers (line operated). Looking at the specs of the transistor the maximum continuous collector current of the transistor is 1 ampere and maximum collector peak current is 2 amperes, transition frequency is 10MHz, minimum to maximum dc current gain is 150 and maximum collector dissipation is 40 Watts.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
As mentioned above TIP47 transistor is primarily designed for use in high voltage AC and DC circuits, switching power supplies, switching circuits, audio amplifiers (line operated) but it is not limited to only these applications and can be used in variety of other applications that falls under its ratings.
High voltage AC Circuits
High Voltage DC Circuits
Switching different types of load under 1A
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings:
To safely operate the transistor follow the below guidelines.
- First of all do not drive the transistor to its absolute maximum ratings and stay 20% below from the absolute max ratings.
- The max collector to emitter voltage is 200V so do not drive load of more than 32V.
- Max collector current is 1000mA, therefore the derived load should be under 800mA.
- Always store or operate the transistor at temperatures above -55°C and below +150 °C.
To Download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link in your browser.