FR102 Diode Pinout, Equivalent, Uses, Features and Other Details
FR102 is a diode of widely used series of FR10x, there are also other diodes in this series. Today we are going to discuss about FR102 diode pinout, equivalent, uses, features and other details about this diode.
Features / Technical Specifications
- Package Type: Available in DO-41
- Diode Type: Fast Rectifier Diode
- Max Repetitive Reverse Voltage is: 100 Volts
- Average Rectified Fwd Current: 1A
- Non-repetitive Max Fwd Surge Current: 30A
- Max Reverse Recovery time is: 150 to 500 Nano seconds
- Typical Thermal Resistance is: 50 K/W
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -65 to +175°C
FR102 Replacement and Equivalent
RP110, 1N5623, PR1007.
Ultra Fast Equivalents: GL41M, 1U8, 70HFLR100S05, HER108G, 1N5623.
FR102 Diode Explained / Description
FR102 is a 1 ampere DO-41 package diode. The diode contains many features such as high switching speed of nano seconds, more fwd surge current, low amount of power loss, very high efficiency, very reliable to use in commercial applications.
FR102 is a diode of FR10x series. This series also contains other diodes such as FR103, FR104, FR105, FR106 and FR107. The specifications of these diodes are almost same except their “Peak Repetitive Reverse Voltage” “DC Blocking Voltage” and “RMS Reverse Voltage”. But if you are using it in circuits under 50V then you can easily replace it with any other diode of the series. But if you want to use it in circuits above 100V then you cannot use only the FR101 from this series because its “Peak Repetitive Reverse Voltage” in 50V. So before selecting the diode in this series you have to check how much voltage your load requires and select the diode according to it. But one thing should be kept in mind that the “Peak Repetitive Reverse Voltage” value should always be chosen higher than the load requirement, for example if your load requirement is 100V then the FR102 will not be the perfect choice for you in this case you can choose FR103 or next diodes in this series which are from FR104 to FR107.
The diode is also having quite interesting specs such as the average rectified FWD current of 1A, max non repetitive FWD surge current of 30A, max reverse recovery time is 150 to 500 nano seconds, typical thermal resistance is 50K/W and max DC reverse voltage is 5.0V.
Where We Can Use It
FR102 is a fast recovery rectifier diode and can be used in rectification, power supplies, inverter circuits and variety of general purpose applications. The detailed list of its applications is mentioned below.
AC to DC converters
Step up and step down converters
Low to high voltage rectification
Blocking voltage and current in any desired direction
Safe Operating Guidelines / Absolute Maximum Ratings
To get long life performance with this diode it is recommended to follow these safety guidelines.
- First of all do not use the diode to its absolute max ratings and stay 20% below from these ratings.
- The maximum load this diode can drive is 1A, therefore stay under 800mA.
- The maximum voltage this diode can handle is 100V, so do not drive load of more than 80V.
- Always store and operate at temperature above -65°C and below 150°C.
FR102 Datasheet :
To download the datasheet just copy and paste the below link in your browser.